|CMS is hosting a forum on the formation and use of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs). This is an initial foray by HHS into the opportunities available to develop and implement ACOs as part of its shared savings program, and will influence how CMS adopts ACOs into its payment initiatives. CMS is seeking input amongst providers on how it should implement:
• Joint accountability among providers in the formation and use of accountable care organizations;
• Cost and quality measures to assess performance;
• Risk adjustment;
• Attribution of Medicare beneficiaries to ACOs;
• Benchmarks for purposes of defining shared savings;
• Coordination with other value-based purchasing initiatives;
• Medicare beneficiary protections.
SMT is participating in the meeting. Do you have issues that need to be explored, evidence that needs to be put on the record, and a report for management on the learnings gained in the conference?
The conference is on June 24th so contact us now to work on questions, identify the keys issues for you to have addressed and which build your organization’s background, or let us know if you need a general overview on the information we capture from the teleconference. Please contact us at 732.935.3535 to learn how SMT can help you strategically position your product to leverage these changing payment policies and new Value Based Purchasing initiatives.